Who we are
Our website address is: http://flock-theatre.com.
This website is created and designed by Gael Doorneweerd-Perry.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
On the contact forms are collected your name and email address. These information will remain strictly private and be consulted only by the owners of this website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Pictures and videos
Photographic and video material might be created during the activities of the company (classes, workshops, drop-ins, shows, social activities, etc.). You can apply your right to refuse the use of that material by a simple email request with reception confirmation from the organisation.
All pictures are copyright of Flock Theatre and the original photographers.
Who we share your data with
The datas we obtain are for internal purpose of the company only. They will be used for mailing lists, contact in the frame of our activity (improvised theatre).
In the context of classes, by subscribing to classes with Flock Theatre, you accept for your full name, your email address as well as your phone number to be shared with the rest of the group of students in the case of group emails, group messages, etc.
This is valid for the duration of the course you subscribed for and one year later.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
In the case of the pictures taken in activity of the company (classes, workshops, drop-ins, shows, social activities), they will be retained and can be used for advertisement purposes indefinitely.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
For the classes and shows, payments can be made by different means:
– Card via Stripe.
– Bank transfer, on demand. For EU residents, with a EU bank account. Potential additional fees are the responsibility of the customer.
– Tikkie transfer, on demand and when buying directly at shows. For holders of a Dutch bank account. Potential additional fees are the responsibility of the customer.
– Cash payments are discouraged but not impossible (In which case a receipt will be emitted).
The payment of an entire course is due before the beginning of the session. A trial class is possible for new students after subscription to their first class at Flock Theatre: after the opening lesson of the course, if a student attended said lesson and requests a cancellation within 3 days, the entirety of the course will be refunded without questions. The organisation has the right to refuse entry to any customer in default of payment.
Terms of sales
The prices displayed on this website include the VAT for services (21% for workshops and courses, 9% for shows).
Default and delay of payment
Any default of payment is exposed to an action in justice in order to recover the due amount. In case of default of payment, a first reminder will be sent, followed by a second reminder assorted to a fee of 20% added to the total.
21 days after the second reminder, an official action will be intended to recover the funds by a third part organism.
In case of cancellation of the entire course, show, event by the organiser, the participant will be offered a choice of:
– An entire refund of the full price—at the exception of the fees engaged by the payment method.
– The possibility to donate part or all of the fee to the Scholarship Program of Flock Theatre.
– The possibility to obtain a voucher for another event—course, workshop—that same semester.
Participants to a show can request the cancellation of their booking up to 7 days before the event, for which a refund will be proceeded. Between 7 days and 48h prior the event, a voucher for a further event will be offered. Less than 48h before the event, no refund will be accepted.
Students that wish to cancel their subscription to a course or a workshop can request a refund following the conditions below:
– Up to 4 weeks before the start of the course: full refund
– Up to 2 weeks before the start of the course: 50% of the fee refunded
– 2 weeks or less before the start of the course: no refund
For a course or a workshop, no refund, pro-rata refund or partial price will be accepted for classes missed or cancellations during the period of the activity.
Exception to the refund policy – Unrevealed events
Some events—workshops, courses, shows—are advertised as ‘Unrevealed’ for a time, meaning that a discount is applicable when booking said event early and without knowledge of its content.
Given the nature of this operation, no refund will be provided for tickets bought ‘Unrevealed’. Unrevealed tickets are non-transferrable to another person than the original customer.
In case of force majeur, contact Flock Theatre directly.
Payments in multiple instalments and memberships
Some courses and workshops are offered with the possibility of multiple instalments. The conditions of sales for these facility of payment are the following:
– Payment is always due in full, even if the entirety of the event is not enjoyed. This concerns participants that would not attend—or not attend fully—a workshop, interrupt a course or stop attending it, not subscribe for a period of the season, face their preferred course being full, etc.
– Instalment deadlines will be reminded by email, and a reminder of the amount already paid as well as what is left is automatically sent. In case of delay in the payment, Flock Theatre will send a manual reminder, after which access to the course, workshop or show will be denied.
– Memberships are established for a full season, running from the date of subscription to the following Summer—31st of July. In case of interruption of the membership, the remainder of the total amount will be invoiced and is due to Flock Theatre.
Scholarships and facility of payment
It is possible to fill in a request for a facility of payment in multiple times, as well as for a scholarship (partial or total). You can read more about it on our Scholarships page. If you think you are at a point in your life where you cannot afford the above payment conditions, contact us explaining how we can help and your request at: contact -at- flock-theatre.com
Flock Theatre is a place where we want to welcome everyone and work in the direction of inclusiveness and diversity. We believe that nothing should hold up someone from accessing to their passion, and that as a community we should work in a direction that makes it possible for all. This is also why we accept donations to support the scholarship system we put in place. If you would like to donate or support us in this task, you can read more about it here.
Code of conduct and harassment policy
Bill of rights
At Flock Theatre we believe in a respectful, supportive and inclusive community, where we welcome anyone (no matter of gender, gender expression, sexuality, race, age of life, type of neurodiversity and level of physical and mental health, or religion) and from any socio-economic background.
We will work actively in a direction that provides everyone the same rights. As a participant of any activity of Flock Theatre, you recognize and accept your rights, and accept to act in order to guarantee the same rights to all:
– I have the right to set my own physical and psychological boundaries. It is OK to not be OK.
– I have the right to refuse to take part, to be part, or to continue anything that makes me feel uncomfortable or unsafe without explanation.
– I have the right to love, to cry, to be happy and to be sad. I have the right to feel, whatever that is and means for me, without being judged.
– I have the right to speak up for myself if I feel uncomfortable or unsafe in any situation, as an audience member, a student, a performer, or a teacher. And I have the right to speak up for anyone if I witness a situation where I think somebody feels uncomfortable or unsafe.
– I have the right to address a problem, I will not become the problem.
– I have the right to be respected.
– I have the right to be supported on and off stage.
– I have the right to try and to fail.
– I have the right to be the beautiful human I am.
Policy against harassment
The Bill of Rights will be displayed in classes and events of the theatre, visible by all and available on request by email. The topic of harassment (of any kind) will be adressed in class to create an actively safe environment.
Any participant to any activity with Flock Theatre (class, workshop, drop-in, show, social activity) agrees with the terms of the Code of Conduct and will be exposed to consequences in case of violation of the rules.